Business Planning - whats it all about?
What is a business plan?
A business plan is:
- A set of personal and business goals for the next 12 months,
- An action plan with strategies to support you to achieve your goals,
- Targets and key performance indicators,
- Identified opportunities and vulnerabilities that need to be managed, and
- A 90 day action plan to address immediate critical issues.
Who whould have a business plan?
Do you have a current business plan?
Do you know where you want to be in 90 days, 1 year, 5 years?
Do you have current goals and strategies to get there?
If not, then we can help you.
Why should you have a business plan
The purpose of having a business plan is to ensure your business is heading in the direction you want, to identify the steps involved in getting there and that everyone has common goals.
What is the process?
Our steps to helping you to develop a business plan are:
- We will send you a prework questionnaire to get you thinking,
- You will have a 4 hour business planning session with Ivan to focus on the direction of the business.
- This session will cover where you are now and clarify your future direction.
- Together we will identify immediate and critical issues and establish a 90 day action plan to address them.
- We will help you to set realistic business goals and define strategies for achieving them.
- At the end of the session your easy to understand one page business plan will act as a guide for you (and your team) to successfully implement your desired changes. It will ensure your business is on course for success.
When is a good time to set a business plan?
Any time is a good time to have a business planning session if you don't have one. An ideal time is to have your business plan ready for the start of a new financial year or if you are planning a major change in your existing business or starting a new venture. A business plan will support any financial application.
Call Ivan on 027 5582 495 to have a chat about how our Business Development programme can help you